Thursday, January 10, 2013

52 Week Money Challenge

Most of you who know me realize how often the word "budget" comes up when I discuss money or any type of financial matter. I've noticed that my kids will ask me "Is this in the budget?" instead of "do we have money for that?". (This proves they listen. Sometimes.) Anyway......I came across this picture on fb and thought it was an interesting concept so I should check it out a little more.


It's so easy you wonder, what's the catch. There isn't one. Really. Except for maybe just being disciplined enough to leave the money there until the end of the year. AHHHHH!!!!!! There is the hard part. That's the part I struggle with the most. I can stay on a budget. I can say no when the kids want a game. I can say no the the hubby when he wants to eat out. I can do that. But saving, especially once it starts to add up is hard because is seems something ALWAYS comes up.



Although we are 9 days into 2013, and I do not like "New Year's Resolutions", I'm calling this my 2013 Fifty-Two Week Money Challenge. This is totally something I can do! So how exactly does it work. Well, it's pretty easy. The first week of the new year you add $1. That is it. Yep. Stay with me people. This is the second week of the year, and since I get paid on Friday's, tomorrow is my day, I'll be adding $2. Next week is the third week of the year, so $3 will go into my jar. Get it? Follow the chart people. Stick with it and you will see the result of your saving!

Who's with me? Who wants to have $1,378.00 in their pocket by this time next year. Since we missed last week, dig in the bottom of your purse, couch, van seats, jean pockets or sock drawer. Get out $1.00. Tomorrow is Friday. You'll need to dig again because tomorrow you add $2.00 to your savings jar. This is perhaps one of the easiest things you can do for yourself this whole year! Good luck and happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment